Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:13:59 EST
Nat Turner is on the 11th grade SOLs

Cynthia Hasley

In a message dated 11/9/2008 9:08:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Cynthia,

Thanks for pointing out that Nat Turner is on the 6th  grade SOLs. I will
check it out and add what is missing to the Famous  Americans. To date, I
have only listed the SOL Famous Americans for  K-5.

As to teaching only what is on the SOLs wherever did you get the  idea I felt
that was all that needed to be done? Apparently you haven't  looked at the
Educational Synthesis website. Even the Famous Americans,  which started with
the SOLs people, has gone on from there.

The  best solution is for teachers to teach the children as much as they can
learn, in the best way they can learn, and in such a manner as to provide
joy to the learning.

Anne

Anne  Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert