Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:26:15 -0500
Dr. Hardwick,

You posted a correction to mine in September, which at the time you said was
"a small thing."  However, in recent days you have referenced this same
'correction' at least twice, but now claiming I implied that author, Jon
Kukla, "had been misleading, or perhaps even dishonest."  Changing your
words and tone in these recent claims is no longer a small thing.  Neither
is your taking my words out of context.

To possibly reconstruct this matter at this late date, please recall that
Ann Pemberton had claimed: "One of the more damning pieces of circumstantial
evidence are quotes from TJ's *student diaries* (my emphasis) on the subject
of sexual relief outside of marriage."  I then posted that she must be
referring to TJ's Literary Commonplace Book and that Kukla apparently didn't
reveal (to her) that this was a collection of excerpts from other author's
literary work collected when TJ was only 15 years old and before his
marriage.  I wanted readers to clearly understand her "damning evidence" was
'not' from a personal diary (where all words and thoughts would have been
entirely those of TJ.)  I believe you understood this at the time, thus a
small thing.

It seems you recently let yourself become a little emotional, a rarity.
That's ok.

Neil McDonald (not MacDonald)