From:
Diana Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:44:55 -0500
Dear Listers:

There have been notes about indentured servants in VA in 1636 and 1621. Where did you find the indenture records? My original ancestor, Samuel Kercheval, was in the Richmond county records as having run away, caught and then ordered by the court to serve four months longer than his agreed upon time. But I am unable to find any indenture records.

Can anyone help?

Diana