From:
"Wilson, Donald L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:07:33 -0400
The 1785 state census for Fauquier County was found among tax lists at
the courthouse and published by Joan W. Peters: -_The 1785 Fauquier
County, Virginia State Census: 12 Lists of Whites & Dwellings in
Fauquier County, Virginia, 1785_.  From the Clerk's Loose Papers,
Fauquier County Virginia Circuit Court Archives, Tax & Fiscal Recorfds
Series.  [s.l.:] Author, 1998.  (First published in _Northern Virginia
Genealogy_, 1998.)  Several of the lists include house dimensions.

Donald L. Wilson, Virginiana Librarian,
Ruth E. Lloyd Information Center
  for Genealogy and Local History (RELIC),
Prince William Public Library System,
Bull Run Regional Library,
8051 Ashton Avenue, Manassas, VA  20110-2892
703-792-4540   www.pwcgov.org/library/relic