From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:24:30 -0800
I want to interject that my book, Notes And Documents of Free Persons of
Color, is about that very topic. It is a chronicle of my ancestors, who were
labled, "fpc", or Free Persons of Color, in Colonial Virginia.  Several
libraries have copies of the book (for those who are not interested in
purchasing it), and you do an interlibary loan. In actuality Plecker was a,
Johnnie Come Lately, and probably  used earlier laws to boister his
position.  When America was still a Colony, The Anglican and Episcopalian
church were passing laws regulating miscegnation.

It is all soooo interesting.

Anita

AMAZON.COM PURCHASE SITE - NOTES AND DOCUMENTS OF FREE PERSONS OF COLOR :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1411603338/qid=1097778584/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8775456-1855815?v=glance&s=books

BOWDENS' OF POPES CREEK WEBSITE:
http://www.orgsites.com/ca/mpbwdnfnd/index.html

"The ruin of a nation begins in the homes of its
people" African Proverb.