Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:02:19 EDT
After 48 hours research I had hoped someone could come up with examples in
at least the 20th century in America, and perhaps Virginia, of violence
involving other holidays and celebrations.  I think it is a credit  to Virginians
and all Americans how tolerant we are of the beliefs of  other Americans.

Coincidentally, I did have relatives in and around Butte, Montana in the
1880's, but they were merely miners who were also Vigilantes hanging  highwaymen.

However, I love the fact that by suggesting the politically correct version
of American slavery might need some factual revision, I get accused of race
baiting.  This is further confirmation of Dinesh D'Souza's theory in The  End
of Racism on the intellectual short tempers of the liberal "free thnking  herd"
toward those who don't agree with their view of history and life.

On a personal note, I do resent the suggestion of race baiting.  I  have been
a Silver Life member of NAACP since the 1980's.  ML King is one  of my heros
and one of our greatest American humanitarians....right up there  with RE Lee.

J South