From:
"F. H. Hodges" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:46:19 EST
In a message dated Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:16:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Stephan A. Schwartz" <[log in to unmask]> writes:

(snip)

> Five Sisters:  The Langhornes of Virginia by James Fox (Touchstone Books)
>
> -- Stephan
>
>(snip)

Diane,
_Five sisters_ is a real winner!  I usually juggle reading several books but this is one I simply couldn't do that with--nothing could compete with it until I was all the way through!  Exceptionally good on turn of the century (19th-20th that is) and early twentieth.  Although much of England is covered as well, it clearly demonstrates some of the trend of ties between VA and Eng. at that time.  This is multi-biographical, and not fictionalised, so if you're set on fiction, for this book I'd reconsider!

Holly Hodges
Lynchburg, VA