From:
robyn samuels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:47:14 +0300
Dear Mr. Welsch,

I'm sure your a very busy man, but i thought you might know of a genealogist that we can hire to work on some areas of our family tree. Our family is from Virginia, so I would really like to have someone from that area. We are part of the Meador family that came over as planters back in the mid 1600.

We are American expats that live overseas, and have for over ten years. We have three children ages 15, 13 and 12, that haven't spent much time in their passport country ( USA), and haven't been taught much about American history since they have always attended International schools. So part of the reason we are wanting to have our genealogy worked on is to be able to teach our kids about American history through their ancestors , and to give them a sense of who they really are, and where they came from. It's difficult for kids who grow up outside of their own country to have roots, so we want to show them that they have very deep roots ...on both sides of their family in the USA.

My oldest will be going into his sophomore year next year, so I'm wanting to hire someone that is very good to start the research and build from what I already have. I thought it would take learning US history to another level seeing it through our family's stories and memoirs. We plan to visit Virginia next summer to see all the historical sites.

I'm sorry for such a long email, but I wanted to at least explain our situation. We will be traveling back to the States in a few weeks, and stay there until late August. I hope in this time frame I can hire someone. I didn't know where to even start, so that's why I started with you!

Kind regards,

Robyn Samuels