From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:32:57 -0500
Herbert,

It was not SPAM, it was notification that you were on a mailing list and
could let me know if you wanted off. All who asked, were removed, including
the nit-wit who keeps sending me "block" notifications that I am going to
have to block.

The reason you were put on the subscription list is because you
correspond/ed with me via private email some number of times. I had close to
300 contacts in my email, and of them, only 8 asked to be removed, all of
them folks who have written me privately to argue with me over posts on Va.
History.

Since you mention my website, I just did the stats for February and there
were more than a quarter of a million hits on the site. Of that total, more
than 500 visited the Nat Turner page, but in excess of 3,700 visited the
George Washington page. More than 1,500 visited Thomas Jefferson. Martha
Washington was added during the month and received more than 750 hits in the
short time she's been there.

So, referring to my website as "Nat Turner website" is pointedly false and
misleading, and that from a poster who accuses other of providing false and
misleading information. You have judged my website, sight unseen, in a
negative fasion, without bothering to fine out what it actually is.

Perhaps you should consider that with a quarter of a million people visiting
my site in one month, over 200,000 of them just on the Famous Americans
pages, I am probably reaching more people than you are with your huffing and
puffing over Jefferson's guilt.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert