From:
Lonny Watro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:13:40 -0500
My cousin, Doug Brown, and I are attempting to locate the burial locations
for descendants of Andrew Brown, died 1804, Albemarle Co, VA. Once we
locate a descendant's burial plot we document it on Findagrave.

Our question is regarding Absolom Fortune, b. Abt. 1842, Nelson Co, VA,
died 3 Jul 1863, Gettysburg, PA. He was in the VA 19th Infantry, Company D.
He mustered in on 30 Jun 1861 at Camp Strange, VA, with the rank of
Corporal. He was wounded on 27 Jun 1862 at Gaines' Mill, VA. He was killed
on 3 Jul 1863 at Gettysburg, PA.

We believe he was part of Pickett's Charge but not sure what role the VA
19th Infantry Company D played. He would have been among the Confederate
dead at Gettysburg, PA, we assume. Are there mass graves for these soldiers
somewhere or possibly a monument at Gettysburg that recognizes the
casualties of the VA 19th Infantry?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Happy Holidays!
Lonny J (Brown) Watro and