From:
Nevin Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:54:10 -0400
Dear Brent:  I have been a long-time subscriber to Va-Hist but have decided at this point to unsubscribe.  I think the list has become a rather uninteresting forum for a few individuals who have axes to grind rather than a useful, respective forum for exchange of ideas and information.  This was less so five or six years ago, and I'm disappointed that the list has become something less than it was at that time.  This is in no way a reflection on you, since I know you have tried to rein in some of these discussions from time to time.

Best wishes for the future success of Va-Hist.

Nevin Brown
(We knew each other a bit at U.Va. many years ago!)