From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:31:27 -0400
Lyle,

Your last response reminds of the old "one drop rule" whereby if a person's
heritage include "one drop" of non-white blood, they were "demoted" to the
discriminated-against group.

Why does it bother you so much that a handful of African-American MAY be
racists when there are still so many white-Americans who still boldly
express their racism. If one racist is one too many, it seems you should
focus your scolding on the largest groups, rather than the insignificantly
small group.

Let's clean up our own boots before we point to the mud on our neighbor's
boots.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert