From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:54:43 -0400
Come to think of it, I have to admit myself, I have a bit of history for my
ancestor from the Baptist Historical Society - he was an early Virginia
Baptists minister. The article tells how he swore of alchohol one day. It
was as if he had an epiphany. The article tells how he ordered his servant
(a slave of course) to take away his sherry or something he was drinking and
he never had another as long as he lived. Of course he kept his slaves until
the day he died. The article doesn't tell this - his will does. I found this
quite ironic myself. But who am I to judge? I'm glad to have this bit of
history about him, though. Even if I do think his thinking was just "messed
up" LOL. And just think someone will read my thinking when they look at this
VA-HIST list generations from now. And maybe they will say, "Hey, that
Lonny - her thinking was just messed up". Now I think I might like that,
because maybe humanity will have made some progress.

Lonny