Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:05:55 -0400
PS.
A few years ago my (now 85 year old) mother, asked me what I would like to
have for my birthday.
When I mentioned that I would LOVE to have a flag pole and a flag, she
looked at me and said,
"Why do you want a flag pole?"
"To fly a flag!!"
She said, "What flag?"
I said, "An American flag, of course."
She thought that over and then said, "Well, when I was growing up in
Richmond, no one flew the American flag very much. We didn't even celebrate
the 4th of July all that much."

Deane Mills
York County Virginia