From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 07:28:24 -0400
Ok so let me get this straight, you hire an attorney and you expect to
lose your case because s/he lets his personal beliefs get in the way?
I think not, My expectation would be that my attorney do the best job
s/he can, within the law, to win my case. I would also hope that my
attorney would be well versed in case law and precedent and would use
all the tools available. Her/his opinion should have little or nothing
to do with it. And to take how a case was pled in court and attribute
those opinions to the attorney is just bad logic. I would also assume
that while a lawyer might find pleading a case they agreed with
easier, a good lawyer should be able to put aside personal opinions.
Else they should not accept the case.

If you were an architect and knew that your client did not like
Spanish Colonial, you would be a fool to include such details in any
design you presented.