From:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:40:57 -0400
Martha:  Good points.  As you and others who are interested in Southern Material Culture look further into this you will find that some so-called slave owners possibly passed along even more used articles to both house and field enslaved people on their plantations.  Personally I am beginning to see something of an "extended family" type of situation as far as this goes but even there are limits to this.  Jane Steele.