From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 07:25:46 -0500
Those who think they know best still today have this same opinion. You can
also use Keven's argument in women's rights when he writes "By Locke's
reasoning, only those people capable of exercising adult rational faculties
can participate in the exercise of the sovereignty of the people." Or you
can also use it when LBJ refered to our "Little Brown Brothers of the South"
when he was trying to deal with Mexico - what a mess that was, eh? <wink,
wink> And now, too, in the Gulf War there is this question of who is capable
and who is not. And this is a big part of the problem over there, don't you
think?

Sorry this has gone off topic of Virginia history. But I saw a good concept
here that could be extended to other areas. Maybe some of your grad students
searching for and interesting topic might use this one.

With liberty and justice for all!
Lonny