From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:59:58 -0500
Yesssss!  I now C that the letter is not an R.  Thank you! And Webster's 2d
unabridged describes jaconet in general as a cotton fabric between cambric
and muslin, and then more specifically as "a kind of cotton fabric with a
glazed finish on one side" - which would seem quite well suited for a cravat.
Thank you very much
Jon Kukla.