From:
Barbara Vines Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:19:41 -0500
At what point do you consider these documents to contain only personal
historical information of no value to the state? Do we include court cases,
vital statistics, deeds, criminal records, business records, tax
information, etc., etc., etc.? What other state functions should we trade
off--libraries, education, social service, research?  The current
legislature seems to be doing a good job of ridding itself of all of these.
We'll soon be left with the DMV and garbage collection. It is obvious that
not standing in line to get a license plate is more important than having
books in a library.

My apologies to the list, but as an educator I get a little steamed when the
DMV becomes more important than libraries and history is seen as something
of interest to only a few.

Barbara Vines Little, CG
PO Box 1273
Orange, VA 22960
phone/fax 540-832-3473 (evenings)

CG is a service mark of the Board for Certification of
Genealogists®, used under license by board-certified associates who meet
genealogical competency standards prescribed for those programs.