From:
Barbara Vines Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:55:34 -0500
While I and others respect your position; you only have to review the
"copies" of deeds currently being processed to have grave concern about the
quality of the preservation. Poor microfilming, even under today's standards
occur. I realize that we can't keep everything, but wills hold a very dear
place in the hearts of most genealogists and I don't think you are going to
convince them that they shouldn't be retained. Is the Library willing to
(and able) to take the originals after filming?

Barbara

Would you be interested in doing a "From the  Archives" regarding the
Library's role in records retention--on a very basic level. I've read some
of the actual "rules and regulations."

Barbara