From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 01:15:06 GMT
In IMHO, anyone who believes in white supremacy to the extent that they are willing to enslave, anyone who is not like them, is a racist. In fact Natives were called heathens & savages by Europeans who were taking their land. You can romanticize it and pretty it up all you want, but that is the raw truth. Sorry if that statement inflames you, or that you would try to intimidate me by throwing the label back to me. It is how I view Jefferson, and that is unlikely to change anytime soon.

The Doctrines he wrote continued his legacy, and many of his beliefs are ingrained in Americans to this day. It is sad that those who follow his beliefs cannot empathize with those who suffered because of the beliefs he held. Think about the slaves that died never knowing freedom, or their families who were sold away. Think about the Natives who were slaughtered on their own lands, and not even given the benefit of burial. Wouldn't a true historian be brave enough to look at all the facts, instead of fitting the facts to their prejudices?

Anita

-- Hist Docs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Seems to be silly season on labeling people who are multi-racial as "racist"
>for casting any aspersions towards the white race.

1) I am completely unaware of Ms. Wills racial characteristics.

2) You are completely unaware of MY racial characteristics.

3) Lest you make anymore assumptions: the "J" in my monogram does NOT stand for "Jefferson."

4) Your "friend" brought racism into the conversation; I merely responded to her post.

>If you feel the need to tell someone they MAYBE construed as a racist,
>perhaps you should choose your targets a bit better. Anita has friends!

Goodness, a threat?

RBJ