From:
Eric Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 13:54:43 -0500
Hi, David--

In addition to the resources already mentioned, Monticello recently announced the release of the Monticello Plantation Database, which provides a host of vital statistics and occupational information of the slaves at Jefferson's plantations, searchable in a number of ways.

The announcement can be found here: http://www.monticello.org/pressroom/showArticle.php?id=164
And the database here: http://plantationdb.monticello.org/

To find information about the slaves that Jefferson sold, click on "Query" > "Other Search" > Search by "Life Event" in the first menu and "Sold" in the second and then click "Search."  The records that come up can be sorted by year or other category, and if you click on "ID," you can see details about the individual you've selected.

I hope this helps!

All my best,

--Eric Johnson

Eric D. M. Johnson
Library Services Coordinator
Jefferson Library, Monticello
P.O. Box 316
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Phone: (434) 984-7540 | Fax: (434) 984-7546
http://www.monticello.org/library/

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
is intended by the Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc. only for the use of
the named individual or entity to which it is directed. It should not be
copied, forwarded, or incorporated into any electronic medium.