From:
Michael Nicholls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:15:20 -0600
Jon--I forgot to add that the L10 reward offered in the example you
provide would have been less than the compensation the owner of the
slave would claim from the government for the killing of his executed
slave. I do not recall any instances of this actually happening, but
in other advertisements there is mention, I believe, of slaves having
a sense of nothing to lose once outlawed, and hence more dangerous in
any effort to "take up."-Mick