From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:37:25 -0400
David Ross owned quite a bit of land along the James, from acreage in
tidewater to an iron plantation in the mountains. The Point of Fork area
would be a good place to look, but I think you need a little more
specificity. He certainly was a colorful character, and the subject of many
yarns, but some of his exploits have been treated in scholarly articles as
well. Where he laid his head at a particular time might be a bit difficult
to determine.

At 11:16 PM 10/24/0, W. Scott Smith wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am looking for the location of David Ross's Plantation on the James River.
>
>His office is in the town of Columbia, at the Point of Fork, on the North
>Bank of the James.
>
>I was under the impression that his house was on the North Bank as well,
>but after speaking with someone in Columbia this weekend, I have heard that
>it might have been on the South Bank, just across the river.
>
>Any information would be appreciated.
>
>Scott Smith
>Gaskins' Virginia Battalion of 1781
>www.lynchburg.net/gaskins
>
>To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please see the instructions
>at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-hist.html

               Ned Heite  ([log in to unmask])