From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 06:17:27 -0500
The Cabell Foundation has about 400 pages of scrapbooks of memebolia going back to the middle 1950;s.  Needless to say, the books are bulky, the paper includes newspaper clippings and such that will deteriorate over the years.  We are interested in scanning and indexing the items if it that is feasble.

There must be some commercial services or maybe even arms of University libraries out there who specialize in such.  Can anybody point me toward some, or give me some idea of how much money we are talking about to (1) scan into .jpg file then separately (2) go through and index the content with keywords?

Randy Cabell