From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:17:29 -0400
Being a yokel from southern California who now lives in Manhattan, isn't
everything that New Yorkers believe about the sticks true?  (Just kidding!)

Henry is quite right about New York remaining the media center for the US,
despite "Hollywood," etc.  Roughing it for a New Yorker is a subway trip to
Queens.  The advertising execs who approved the commercial only have a vague
idea where Virginia is.

Yet, how many Virginians know the difference between Manhattan and Queens?
We are and always have been a people united by a common ignorance of our
national geography.

Harold S. Forsythe