From:
Keith Kirkland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:34:05 -0400
I was fortunate enough to attend both semesters of Dr. Robertson's general
classes on the US Civil War during my enrollment at VT. He was a dynamic
speaker who always wove the material into an engaging and fascinating
narrative while constantly citing sources for his interpretation. His
classes always had to be held in one of the largest classrooms on campus to
accommodate the number of students being taught.

He will be sorely missed but I believe he's earned the right to take a rest.

--
Keith Kirkland