From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:34:46 -0500
While John's excellent response does not decide "who won" -- which I admit was too much to ask -- it does shed light on the strategic aspect of the mere presence of The Virginia after the battle.  I think he mixes the words "Monitor" and "Virginia" at times, but you can get the gist of what he is saying.

I am now happy.  I am now not paranoid.

Randy Cabell :))