Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2016 10:45:44 -0400
I need help understanding the contents of this 3 vol series, 4th  Edition.

I originally thought this was a listing of and subsequent descendants of
those who settled in Jamestown and that the publication was in fact sponsored
by  the Jamestown Society. I am now very much aware that at least part of
that is  incorrect.

It seems that this series was first started by "The Order of First Families
 of Virginia, 1607-1624/5".  The series itself was first published in
1956.  2nd Edition in 1964 and the 3rd Edition in 1987. The 4th edition was
"brought to fruition by the genealogist of the Order" in 2004.

Now it seems that "The Order of First Families of Virginia, 1607-1624/5"
would be the early Jamestown settlers but... are they in fact the same or
different societies?

There are several ways to qualify for the Jamestown Society.   Certainly
number one is "boots on the ground of Jamestown during this time  frame" but
there are others.

One that I just recently read is if you were a stockholder in the London
Company or the Virginia Company.
Another is if you owned land on Jamestowne Island or lived on the island
prior to 1700
Another is if you served in certain offices of the colonial government
prior to 1700

Now the question: Is "Adventures of Purse and Person Virginia 1607-1624/5"
only based on those who were resident in Va up to and at the time of the
1624/5  Muster?

Is anyone aware of a complete listing of the stockholders in the London
Company and the Virginia Company?

Douglas Burnett
Satellite Beach
FL