From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:19:59 -0400
APPLICATION DEADLINE
OCTOBER 15, 2005
Virginia Foundation for the Humanities
Residential Fellowships 2006-2007

The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities supports work on the
humanities in the public interest. Each Fellowship session welcomes
senior and junior faculty, independent scholars, and other
professionals, including librarians, curators, writers, and journalists.
The mixture of subjects and personalities at the Center gives it a
lively, challenging atmosphere. We welcome proposals on subjects of
public interest in any field of the humanities. We particularly
encourage projects on the South Atlantic United States, Folk Culture,
African American Studies, Virginia History and Culture, and Violence and
Survival.

All Fellows have University of Virginia faculty status while in
residence.
As visiting faculty, Fellows have access to all University of Virginia
research and recreational facilities, on-site library delivery,
departmental and University lecture series, events, and activities, and
university faculty housing.

We provide stipends up to $15,000 per semester; summer Fellows usually
receive travel funds only.

Residencies may be one semester, one year, or summer.  Applicants need
not have advanced degrees, but the VFH does not support work toward a
degree.
Postdoctoral applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for projects
other than dissertation revisions.

Former VFH Fellows must wait three years before applying for another
Fellowship. We welcome proposals for affiliation with the community and
office space (without stipend).

For more information, visit www.virginiafoundation.org or email

Ann White Spencer
Virginia Foundation for the Humanities