From:
lillian steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 05:13:00 +0000
Dear JDS:  Hi.  Please see information concerning the Rev. William Mack Lee
at the following site: docsouth.unc.edu/leewilliam/lee.html.  It is about
Wiliam Mack Lee who was Gen. Robert E. Lee's body servant.  He later became
a minister.  This information is located in the collection "Documenting The
American South" which is possibly housed at UNC-Chapel Hill's  Louis Round
Wilson Research Library.  I am a graduate of North Carolina Central
University's Department of History and Social Science and used this most
excellent research center while attending school in Durham,NC.  Both
campuses are near each other.  Hope this helps.  Jane Steele,MA  Educator.