From:
Daniel Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:10:19 -0500
And shudder you should.

I publish a newspaper in Middleburg, Virginia, pehaps aptly named,
The Middleburg Eccentric.

We received racist threats and Klan-style (and language) demands for
our editor to leave town.  Her sin:  balanced reporting on efforts to
build an Inn on land adjacent to Middleburg by one of the founders of
BET.

I hope someone's archiving these exchanges.

Some graduate student in 2107 will no doubt find them revealing of
the mindset of the early 21st stewards of the Knowledge Trust . . .
evidence of ongoing struggles to rationalize the unreasonable . . .
and a sad commentary on the persistence of racism in our beloved Old
Dominion.

Best,

Dan