From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:31:32 -0500
Aside from the rightness or wrongness of the decision of the new
president of W&M, he could have handled it better. Considering how
tradition-minded Virginians are, he could have taken that into
consideration, had some public meetings, presented his thinking,
perhaps made a few converts to his POV, and then done exactly what he
did do. But it would have made people feel they were consulted and he
took the time to discuss his reasoning with them. Instead of breezing
into town and saying the cross must go. IMO he handled it very
poorly, and that kind of high-handed attitude will not win you any
friends.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone