From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 06:52:30 -0400
This sounds very good.  Is it going to make the rounds of theaters or will
it be on DVD for folks like me out in the boonies to purchase?

It apparently is the latest in a procession of "If the Confederacy had one".
I believe that in the Centennial of The War, Bruce Catton even wrote one.
(I may have the author wrong.)

Harry Turtledove wrote a very interesting one about ten years ago called
"Guns of the South."  It caught my attention because General Lee was
standing on the front of the book with an AK-47.  I think that Turtledove
went on to write alternative histories of WWII.

re The War and Jamestowne, I heard an intersting premise this last weekend
that one reason that the nation does not recognize Jamestowne as The First,
but defers to those latecomers Pilgrims as The First Thanksgiving, The First
English settlers, etc. was that that South lost The War.   Therefore
political correctness of the time could not accept the English "first" in
the commonwealth of Virginia.  Interesting.

Randy Cabell