From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 17:57:16 -0400
Ed I will post this on to the list as I often wondered about this myself...

Wasn't the anti-Catholic thing in Virginia also a carry over from the
Maryland vs. Virginia thing that started early on in the colonies? Each were
trying to get the same Ohio land as part of their own colony. I have heard
there were great disputes about what was Virginia and what was Maryland in
the neck of the woods where I now reside (which is very close to the
origninal locations of Fort Cumberland in Maryland and Ashby's Fort in West
Virgina).

Lonny