From:
Paul Finkelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 09:23:14 -0400
Self-servingly, I give much greater detail on this in my book  SLAVERY
AND THE FOUNDERS:  RACE AND LIBERTY IN THE AGE OF JEFFERSON (2nd
edition, 2001) (M.E. Sharpe)

Paul Finkelman
President William McKinley Distinguished Professor of Law
     and Public Policy
Albany Law School
80 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, New York   12208-3494

518-445-3386
>>> [log in to unmask] 05/02/08 8:49 AM >>>
Prof. Finkelman's comments are to me right on the mark.  Gary Wills
details TJ's strong defense of slavery in NEGRO PRESIDENT: JEFFERSON &
THE SLAVE POWER (2003).