Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:50:51 -0500
...Listers,

 With all of the 'supposed' political correctness at this list, the
'supposed' multi-culturalism, the
oh-how-we-would-never-treat-others-that-way, the comparison of white
Americans to Nazi Germans, the claims of "white racism extending over almost
the entire US, if not near the entirity of the white population," the
"political lynchings as well that targeted primarily left-wing organizers,"
(huh...?), the feelings that respect for the law was fundamental and that
Reagan, _*unlike the people who call themselves conservative today*_,
understood the dangers that are intrinsic to democracy, that 'a few' good
whites (were fearful and) were bullied into submission by the KKK...., ad
infintum to nauseum.   Now I'm simply wondering why 'nobody' at this list
has had 'the guts' to stand up and back James Brothers' statement 'in its
entirety': "To assume that all/most Whites felt the non-judicial murder of
Blacks was appropriate is racist."

*Many/most* (68% to 90%) white Americans came willingly to this country as
indentured servants (for 4 to 7 years and more) to pay for their passage,
who then and later worked as hard or harder than slaves to claim and
maintain freedom for themselves and family.  It was many years before they
were able to have even one coin, they bartered their labor for means to have
food, clothes, a roof over their heads and a rough-hewn garden.  Most were
landless, well over 50% in many frontier counties during the 1700's, that
demonstrated it was a myth that most frontiersmen were land-owning yeomen.
They fought for their nation's independence and their individual liberties;
and they stood ready to personally fight anyone to the death who threatened
their country, freedom, family or meager belongings.  They would have
certainly fought to their deaths before submitting to a lifetime of slavery.

Well, I could say much more but I will leave it at that..... as another
poster so thankfully said.....

The results of this VA-HIST's thread (so far) is a great surprise and
eye-opener to me, it's a stomach-turner indeed !!!

Thank you very much, James Brothers, for your comments to which I agree and
greatly respect!!

Neil McDonald
PS - If J South had made such types of derogatory comments about natives,
blacks or African-Americans there would have been no end of complaints and
negative commentary.  Maybe I'm beginning to understand why many at this
list are so at odds with 'J South' maybe liking to 'jab' or 'stir up' some
controversy while some of his 'aside' comments demonstrate a caring
sensitivity.  Why do some/most of you 'hush up' when contoversy arises -- is
that just your way...?  C'mon, stand up and be counted so everybody may
understand the majority beliefs at this list.... Let's find out what's
really going on in the minds of my countrymen (and women.)  I sincerely care
and would like to know.