From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 17:53:43 -0500
The Pike Co, Ohio newspaper referenced earlier and used by Monticello as a
factual research tool is defective in several ways. I did a deep research
into one major claim that was false. Madison Hemings claims that he was
named for James Madison while Dolly Madison was visiting Monticello on
Madison's birth date, Jan 19, 1805. A little checking we find that this an
INCORRECT statement and if this one statement is incorrect what can we
believe about his other outrageous claims. The history of the Madisons is
that they never visited Virginia from Washington during winter. To add
insult to this lie he states that like all white people, Dolley did not
follow through with a promised gift. This article was the work of an
abolitionist writer. This is a trumped up attempt to revise history,
"setting aside questions of historical accuracy", see pg 280, Jeffersonian
Legacies, by Monticello sponsored historian Prof. Peter Onuf for details.

Herbert Barger
Founder, Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society (www.tjheritage.org)
Assistant to Dr E.A. Foster on the Jefferson-Hemings DNA Study