From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:11:57 -0500
I agree, the physical exertion of work, walking [or caring for the
horses], farming, housekeeping, burned off stress as well as calories.

This has nothing to do with Va. history, but I read a book about
examining several thousand years' worth of Egyptian mummies, using
the new, non-destructive techniques. They had a lot of TB and
tapeworm cysts in various places, and very bad teeth [all that sand
in the bread they ate], but not a single one, from ancient times up
to Roman, was contaminated with heavy metals- arsenic, lead, cadmium,
etc.- as every person on earth today is. Sad...

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone