From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:27:06 -0400
An observation on what sounds like an interesting article:

As I chat with diverse people on Facebook, I run into those educated "in
the south", who were clearly the product of bad textbooks!  And it is
interesting that they all graduated armed with the firm belief that
anything contrary is "revisionist" and to be dismissed.

I would like to see textbooks replaced by use of online sources for
information. Instead of doing Chapter 12, students could study, label,
and rank the Founding Fathers. Seems the Internet could be a means of
giving students access to the "best in their field" ...

Anne

--
Anne Pemberton
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org