From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:01:03 -0500
I have been reading Peter Wallenstein's new book, TELL THE COURT I LOVE MY
WIFE; RACE, MARRIAGE, AND LAW: AN AMERICAN HISTORY (New York: Palgrave
Macmillan, 2002), which treats mixed-race marriage in American law and
history and contains good references that might be useful for the early
period; and even better stuff for the later periods.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Visit the Library of Virginia's web site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us