From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 21:12:18 -0500
I'm wondering why we are turning into a nation of moles. Isn't the
visitor's center at Mt. Vernon partly underground? They want (or have
installed) an underground entrance to the grounds of the Washington
Monument in DC. And the underground entrance and visitor's center at
the State Capitol Bldg. in Richmond. I find it all rather creepy.
What's wrong with just walking into a building, as Washington or
Jefferson would have? I would think the impact would be so much more
impressive, and genuine.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone