From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:20:04 -0400
To all including Jon who will be reading this:

Please read my review at the amazon.com page of Jon Kukla's book. Jon,
somewhere along your FACTUAL digging at Jefferson Center and Annette
Gordon-Reed's digging under rocks and things in Fawn Brodie's yard, you
all arrived at a different number of children that Thomas Jefferson and
Sally Hemings parented. You say 6, she says 7. Just what did Dan
Jordan's people tell you both to say? Of course both are LIES and you
both know it. I have repeatedly asked Dan Jordan, Monticello President,
to conduct another fair and factual study with independent historians,
geneticists and people with the facts and he always refused and states
his original study would be used to convey to the public. This is biased
and one-sided research. Imagine a finding that possibly TJ was father of
ALL of Sally's children when ONLY ONE was tested. HE is dead WRONG and
he knows the study was biased and that they approached the issue with a
predetermined outcome.....ask "former" Monticello researcher and author
of the HIDDEN and unpublished originally denied, Minority Report, Dr.
Ken Wallenborn. He is easy to find as President of Thomas Jefferson
Heritage Society (www.tjheritage.org),about the INSIDE dealings of this
study chaired by an African-American ORAL history person who was hired
earlier to conduct the Getting Word project (slavery input at
Monticello), along with 10 other top African-American members of the
board, including NAACP Chairman, Julian Bond.

NOTHING proves TJ a father of ANY of Sally's children. You and the
several others we are aware of are degrading TJ without ANY proof. What
is your mission, who is behind you, what is your purpose, we are "on to
your brand of history?" People searching for truth are finding your
books damaging and disgusting to Mr. Jefferson's fine legacy and they
expose your lack of knowledge about the topic. Yes, as an earlier poster
has posted.....you all have jumped on the bandwagon, for what purpose I
am sure you do not wish to reveal but the TJHS and other researchers
know your reasons.

Herb Barger
Jefferson Family Historian

Pardon me, Anne, but here is a review of Kukla's book (from History News

Network), hardly a good reference for an 'eye-opening' broadening of
knowledge:
http://hnn.us/roundup/entries/46786.html
While reading, note this reviewer doesn't even understand true results
of
the pertinent DNA testing, apparently from false and misleading results
being repeated so much by the TJ-bashing bandwagon.

Also, what is your reference for stating TJ was a pimp by offering SH's
body
to family members?

Further, in your posting late last night, you alluded to "damning
evidence"
against TJ, in quotes (<--note this is plural) from his "student diaries
on
the subject of sexual relief outside of marriage."  From the 27,000+/-
documents in the TJ collection at the Library of Congress, including
several
types of commonplace books, you must be referring to TJ's Literary
Commonplace Book (singular.)  He started this in 1858, at about age 15,
while attending school of the Rev. James Maury -- the book being his
collection of extracts from Greek, Latin and English literature -- that
he
discontinued before he married.  Which page number(s) is/are your
reference(s) for the "damning evidence" I am wondering.  Do you even
know?
Were your so-called 'quotes' supposedly those by TJ personally or an
excerpt
from a source authored by another?

Those who use falsehoods and who 'twist' words and facts toward defaming

Thomas Jefferson have constructed their own bandwagon I understand
(can't
recall where I heard this but from many sources so it's obviously true.)