From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:32:29 -0500
Dear Friends, Colleagues and Assorted Others,

Most of us here are involved in one fashion or another with a variety of non-profit organizations. One of mine is the Memorial Foundation for the Germanna Colonies in Locust Grove, Virginia. Many of you are probably familiar with this organization and some of its Trustees.

Every third weekend in July (always on the week-end of my birthday), the Foundation holds what they style as a "Reunion." This attracts about 300 people from coast to coast, many of whom plan their annual vacations in Virginia for this period. One or the Foundations most successful public fundraising efforts stems from the silent and live auctions held on the grounds of Salubria at an evening outdoor banquet on the Saturday.

With this background, I am appealing to all of you to think about items form your organization or list of contacts that would be worthy additions to the auction items. These are both live and silent auction items. This is a great way to promote your favorite organizations and establishments. The auction site will link to your web site where people can learn more about your organization and/or establishment. To see how these are presented on the web site visit the auction site. I think you'll agree it is very easy way to publicize your organization, and also that you will agree that the donors come from a very diverse and prestigious group of people, organizations and establishments.

I hoe you'll join us in this endeavor, and perhaps more importantly, provide with you with ideas for future fundraising efforts for you own organizations.

I must mention here that the Virginia Shop at the Library of Virginia is one of the many contributors to this effort. As is our equally well beloved Virginia Historical Society. And many more organizations in Virginia, too numerous to list here.

As you will see, auction items are in no way limited to the Commonwealth of Virginia.  Let your imagination and your address book run wild!

Best to all,
Craig Kilby