From:
Jerry Lee Midkiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 08:42:33 -0400
    Thanks a great Idea.  Jerry>

 Let's don't quit yet.
> I would e-mail the
Tennessee State Archives and ask if they have the
> records
> for the cemetery relocations resulting from the TVA project.
> Three answers possible. Yes, No, XYZ has the records. Two out of
three
> ain't
> bad odds.
>
> On Mon,
May 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Jerry Lee Midkiff <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> > Hello James,

Thank you for your
>> reply. I have tried everything I could
think of in contacting
>> sextons etc. still no luck. thanks
again.
>> Jerry
>> >
>> Depending
upon your level of interest I have a suggestion for locating
>> > Isaiah. I had a similar but different situation. I had a
Rev War
>> ancestor
>> > and I had visited his
grave but Thought he had been
>> moved from the
>>
> original
>> > graveyard. He is in Bedford
>> County Va. I went to the Bedford Museum and

they
>> > had
>> the records from Va Power
Company who did the hydro electric project
>> > that gave
us Smith Mtn Lake. VPC had relocated a number of graves
>> and
my
>> > ancestor's was one. The VPC records indicated
church and
>> located of his
>> > original
burial and I was able to locate it on a
>> map and the site is
now
>> > in
>> > about 200 feet of water.

>> I guess I will never visit there but it was
>>
> interesting to find
>> original burial site.
>> >
>> > On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:32
>> PM, Jerry Lee Midkiff <[log in to unmask]>

afternoon,
>> Midkiff and I
had 2
>> were privates, John and Isaiah