From:
Dale Dulaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:04:46 -0400
Mr. Wiencek,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are trying to improve the usability of
blog by adding transcriptions and streamlining image viewing. Transcriptions
are not available yet but they will be added to all entries – we hope in a week
or two – once the right software is added. Images on the blog that are viewed
in a gallery, when opened, will have a “view full size” option in the bottom left
corner. When you choose that option you may still have to click the image a
second time to get a true full-size view. Stand-alone images, like Dabney’s
letter on Richmond Times-Dispatch letterhead, can be viewed full-size but you
will need to click the image multiple times. Again, sorry the image viewing is so
convoluted but we are working to streamline it as soon as possible. The 3-D
feature is something we are not using now but is part of the gallery software.
Please continue to provide feedback. You can leave comments on the blog for
a particular entry. Thanks for your support and comments Mr. Wiencek. We
are excited to share our work.

Dale Dulaney
Archival Assistant
Library of Virginia