From:
"Brooks, Vincent (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 12:04:00 +0000
Eric,

I assume you base your 1938 date on the survey report of the Virginia Historical Inventory. http://image.lva.virginia.gov/VHI/html/14/0515.html

I took a look at the Richmond Esthetic Survey (http://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/guides/opac/aboutres.htm)from the mid-1960s and that property doesn't show up. That may mean it was gone already (or they just didn't photograph it).

You might try following the property through the tax records to see when it goes off the rolls.

If you think it was torn down b/c the pumping station was constructed, the city's public works department reports might include comments on properties to be demolished.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Good luck.

Vince Brooks