From:
Henry Wiencek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:27:08 -0400
If Williamsburg had been "quite a port" it would have seen a lot of traffic
all year round, and all the sources I've seen indicate that WB "went to
sleep" when the assembly was not in session.  And the replies so far
indicate that WB couldn't handle large ships. So it seems that Madison
Hemings was wrong.

HW