From:
Walter Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:10:15 -0400
I am humbled by the service and sacrifice your family has made and is making
on behalf of my grandchildren and all of the United States of America's
children that are to come -- for their life, liberty, and the pursuit of
their own happiness -- and for the preservation of a system of government
that comes the closest to living up to that credo and has the potential to
pass it on to many, many more.

1775 was the banner birth year for civilization. I see no reason and will
hear no argument to change the tenets of its gifts. Obviously and
thankfully, neither did and nor do the many members of your family.

The great body of the world wasn't with us then and may not be with us now.
Since, they've had to thank us twice. Maybe thrice will turn the trick.