Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:26:00 -0600
My Mom had a lot of trouble when she moved to AL with Dad after they married
in 1954.  She was born in Lynchburg and raised in Baltimore -- she and Dad
met when he was in the Navy.  When they got married and moved here to AL
where my Dad's people were, they had the hardest time understanding each
other.  Mom had to ask everyone to repeat themselves, and everyone asked Mom
to repeat herself!  It still makes me laugh!

As for me, having a Dad from AL, and a Mom from VA and MD, my accent is all
mixed up!  My AL cousins made fun of my "Yankee" accent, and my MD cousins
made fun of the way I said "ya'll", etc.  I couldn't win!

Jean